We all need wisdom from above. Proverbs is a great book of the Bible to find it. I’m going to list several quotes, can you identify the one from Proverbs?
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
- Wherever a man goes there shall he also be.
- It is better to know a few things for certain, than to be sure of a lot of things that ain’t so.
- Like a bird that strays from its nest is a man who strays from his home.
- The wise drink from the fountain of knowledge but the fool only gargles.
Well, if you picked number 4, you were correct. That quote is from Proverbs 27:8. Proverbs tells us a lot about wisdom.
―The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline (Prov. 1:7). Spiritual wisdom gives us an awesome respect for God’s greatness and a hatred for sin.
―For the Lord gives wisdom (Prov. 2:6). Biblical wisdom is essentially moral and spiritual. You cannot discover it, only God has it to give.
―Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom (Prov. 4:7). It is not a matter of brains but of decision–do we really want God’s wisdom?
―If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you (Prov. 9:12). We must stand or fall on our own character. Wisdom is profitable for personal character.
Jesus once said to His generation, ―The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here. May our lives reflect Jesus as we live wisely for Him.