Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
Are you going to watch some of the Summer Olympics Games of the XXX Olympiad, in London from July 27th to August 12th 2012? A total of around 4,700 medals for the Olympic and Paralympic Games have been produced by the Royal Mint. As nations gather and compete for glory we can be proud of our country and still know that we have been given the highest honor of all time: You are God’s chosen people to stand for Jesus Christ in a world that thinks Olympic gold medals are the greatest prizes of life. I hope you will come and engage in passionate worship to our Lord for all His grace which He has generously given us each of these Sundays:
- July 1, pray for USA. Chaplain Jim Rutherford preaching, Holy Communion, and Pastor Randy commissions and prays for the Champions for Life team in all 3 services (8:50, 9:30, 11:00)
- July 8, Randy preaching while Pastor David is at Champions for Life mission week.
- July 15, Pastor David begins a 4 Week series based on the Letter to the Ephesians, from the New Testament. We will be asking what we can learn from the OLYMPICS and strengthening our spiritual core. —part 1– Ephesians 1:3-14 The Greatest Games (Olympics) series: part 1 God’s Destiny for Us
- July 22, Ephesians 2:11-22 Citizens with the Saints
- July 29, (Children’s Home Sunday) Ephesians 3:14-21 Strengthened in Your Core
- August 5, (Holy Communion) Eph 4:1-16 Equipped for Body Building We are excited to announce that we will be having a joint Worship celebration to praise God for what He is doing in and through us this summer: August 19, 10 a.m. joint service ―SUMMER CELEBRATION‖ Children/youth/CFL /Men’s trip, preschool Summer Camp testimonies. Music by praise team, choir, and other musical groups in the church.
Noon—Covered dish dinner for the whole church
Please ask the Holy Spirit to show you His mighty acts everywhere you go this summer and then be sure to come and share them with us in worship.
In Christ our hope,